GIRLS' MCAL BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT
Please Call In or Email Don Neice, M.C.A.L. Director, After Each Game - 732-458-9554 email@example.com
The Monmouth County Athletic League
The Monmouth County Athletic League Believes Sportsmanship is an Expectation. So Please Let The Players Play, Let The Coaches Coach, Let The Officials Officiate, Let The Spectators Be Positive. M.C.A.L. PRIDE
FRANK A. MAZZITELLE M.C.A.L. AMERICAN / NATIONAL DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP BASKETBALL
2018 championship score - ST. CATHARINE 32 Manasquan 27
AMERICAN DIVISION SEEDS NATIONAL DIVISION SEEDS
1. ST. CATHARINE (10-0) 1. AVON (12-2 -wins draw for 1st)
2. MANASQUAN (7-3 -wins draw) 2. BAY HEAD (12-2 -wins draw for 2nd)
3. SPRING LAKE HEIGHTS (7-3) 3. SEA GIRT (12-2 -lost draw)
ROUND 1 BYE – ST. CATHARINE AND AVON
FEB. 7 MANASQUAN 36 VS SEA GIRT 20
FEB. 7 BAY HEAD 20 VS SPRING LAKE HEIGHTS 31
FEB. 20 SPRING LAKE HEIGHTS 28 VS ST. CATHARINE 43
FEB. 20 MANASQUAN 34 VS AVON 16
CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS AT MANASQUAN AT 4:30 FEB. 23
1. Based only on Division Record
2. Head to head
3 . Coin toss for 1 and 2
4. Play-in game in case of tie for third
Below are the guidelines for our tournament:
1. Dates: Tuesday, February 6 - Play in date if needed
Wednesday, February 7 - Girls 1st Round
Thursday, February 8 ‑ Boys 1st Round
Tuesday, February 20 - Girls Semi‑finals
Wednesday, February 21 ‑ Boys Semi‑finals
Games snowed out will play the next day
Friday, February 23 - Finals at Manasquan High School
2. Time: All games start at 3:30 except the finals at Manasquan.
3. Location: At higher seed with finals at Manasquan High School Gymnasium
Girls game to be played at 4:30 p.m. with the Boys game immediately following.
4. Home team pays the officials - M.C.A.L. pays officials in finals. All playoff games will be played in the regular season gyms.
5. No fifth quarters to be played in any tournament game.
6. The top 3 teams in each division will make the tournament.
Round 1 National #2 vs. American #3
American #2 vs National #3
Round 2 Winner of National #2 vs. American #3 plays American #1
Winner of American #2 vs National #3 plays National #1
7. Trophies will be awarded to first and second place teams in the finals.
8. Student must be a resident of town/school in which they participate.
9. An adult must be at the scorers’ table of all tournament games. For the finals the M.C.A.L. will provide the official book and clock. No other score keepers will be allowed to sit at the score table during the finals.
10. Higher seed wears white throughout tournament. (Be sure to check other team’s uniforms in case they only have white)
ALL SCORES SHOULD BE REPORTED TO THE LEAGUE OFFICE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. 732-458-9554 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Monmouth County Athletic League © Copyright - Don Neice, M.C.A.L. Director 768 Lexington Drive - Brick, NJ 08724 732-458-9554 email@example.com