The Monmouth County Athletic League
The Monmouth County Athletic League Believes Sportsmanship is an Expectation. So Please Let The Players Play, Let The Coaches Coach, Let The Officials Officiate, Let The Spectators Be Positive. M.C.A.L. PRIDE
CODE OF GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP*
1. Coaches, players and fans are expected to honor and obey all rules and regulations of the Monmouth County Athletic League governing fair play.
2. Coaches, players and fans are expected to make good sportsmanship their priority.
3. Coaches and players are expected to always be an example of good sportsmanship.
4. Coaches, players and fans are expected to treat the opponent, the officials and the opposing fans with respect and courtesy.
5. Coaches, players and fans are expected to be accountable for their behavior.
6. Coaches and fans will remember that every player is someone's son or daughter.
7. Fans are expected to applaud accomplishment and effort equally.
8. Players and fans are expected to consider the property and grounds of others as they would consider their own.
9. Players are expected to appreciate that athletic participation is a privilege to be enjoyed, not a right to be abused.
PLAYERS, COACHES AND FANS THAT VIOLATE THE SPIRIT OF THE CODE OF SPORTSMANSHIP WILL BE SUBJECT TO SUSPENSION FROM ATTENDING/PARTICIPATING IN FUTURE M.C.A.L. GAMES.
APPROVED: November 1, 2005 to be posted at each member school
*(Adapted from The Shore Conference of High Schools Code of ConducT
CODE OF CONDUCT / PLAYERS/COACHES/SPECTATORS
IN LINE WITH THE SHORE CONFERENCE OF HIGH SCHOOLS, THE MONMOUTH COUNTY ATHLETIC LEAGUE HAS ADOPTED THE CODE OF GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP FOR THEIR PLAYERS, COACHES AND SPECTATORS.
PLAYERS, COACHES AND SPECTATORS THAT VIOLATE THE SPIRIT OF THE CODE OF SPORTSMANSHIP WILL BE SUBJECT TO SUSPENSION FROM ATTENDING/PARTICIPATING IN FUTURE M.C.A.L. GAMES.
GUIDELINE RULES FOR PLAYERS AND COACHES IS COVERED BY OUR DISQUALIFICATION OF PLAYERS AND COACHES THAT IS IN YOUR M.C.A.L. NOTEBOOK. COACHES OR PLAYERS WHO VERBALLY ATTACK AN OFFICIAL AFTER THE GAME IS OVER WOULD BE SUBJECT TO SUSPENSION UNDER THE CODE OF CONDUCT RULE.
SPECTATORS WHO ARE IN VIOLATION OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT WILL BE SUBJECT TO A 2 GAMES SUSPENSION OF THE RIGHT TO ATTEND M.C.A.L. GAMES. A SECOND VIOLATION WILL RESULT IN THE PRIVILEGE TO ATTEND M.C.A.L. GAMES, AT ALL MEMBER SCHOOL FACILITIES, SUSPENDED FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE SEASON. THE DECISION TO SUSPEND WILL BE MADE AFTER A REPORT FROM THE ADMINISTRATOR IN ATTENDANCE, AND ANY PERTINENT INFORMATION FROM THOSE INVOLVED IN THE INCIDENT. THIS WOULD INCLUDE OFFICIALS, COACHES OR THE SPECTATOR. THE DECISION TO SUSPEND WILL BE MADE BY THE LEAGUE DIRECTOR ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS.
VIOLATIONS FOR SUSPENSION OF SPECTATORS WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
VERBAL ATTACKS ON OFFICIALS BEFORE, DURING OR AFTER GAME.
VERBAL ATTACKS ON COACHES BEFORE, DURING OR AFTER GAME.
VERBAL ATTACKS ON PLAYERS BEFORE, DURING OR AFTER GAME.
GOING ON THE FIELD OF PLAY TO CONFRONT AN OFFICIAL BEFORE, DURING OR AFTER GAME.
GOING ON THE FIELD OF PLAY TO CONFRONT A COACH BEFORE, DURING OR AFTER GAME.
GOING ON THE FIELD OF PLAY TO CONFRONT A PLAYER BEFORE, DURING OR AFTER GAME.
Code of Conduct Implementation
Administrator in attendance is to be notified, as soon a possible, of an alleged violation.
Administrator in attendance will gather information on the violation and names of all involved.
Administrator in attendance will report violation to League Director, along with all collected information.
League director will contact all parties involved.
If two schools are involved the League Director will contact the other schools administrator and discuss the incident.
A decision by the League Director will then be made on a case by case basis.
Monmouth County Athletic League Code of Conduct
Please Call In or Email Don Neice, M.C.A.L. Director with all concerns - 732-458-9554 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Monmouth County Athletic League © Copyright - Don Neice, M.C.A.L. Director 768 Lexington Drive - Brick, NJ 08724 732-458-9554 email@example.com